Amotekun Corps Apprehends 24 Suspects, Rescues Kidnapped Student

Obasempire reports that the Ondo State Security Network Agency, known as Amotekun Corps, has detained over 24 individuals for various criminal activities.

The corps also reported rescuing a student named Bisola Olisa, who was abducted by bandits along the Ikare-Ado Ekiti Expressway.

Discussing the arrests on Wednesday, the state Commander of the Corps, Akogun Adetunji Adeleye, revealed that the apprehended individuals were involved in offenses such as kidnapping, armed robbery, motorcycle theft, conspiracy, cable theft, illegal migration, possession of firearms, and malicious damage, among others.

Read more: Sanwo-Olu Grants N100,00 To NYSC Members, Announces New Camp Construction

The commander emphasized that the operation leading to the arrests was carried out in collaboration with other security agencies in the state.

He said, “We arrested and paraded 24 suspects. We are pleased to report that the security situation in the state is very stable. Law and order are being maintained, political activities continue without disruption, and the anti-open grazing law is being enforced.

“Since the last incident, there have been no serious conflicts between farmers and herders. Human trafficking has decreased, and issues of cultism and militancy have nearly disappeared. Kidnapping activities are mainly confined to the borders and are being addressed.

“There are no significant problems related to terrorism, land, or chieftaincy disputes. Student activities are ongoing without crisis, and there are no current labour union issues.”

On the kidnap case, Adeleye explained that the 32-year-old victim was abducted alongside three other victims in the Supare area in Akoko South-West Local Government Area of the state but was rescued by the combined team of Amotekun and other security agents. He noted that two of the abductors had been arrested.

“Regarding the recent kidnapping case in Supare, which recorded one fatality and four victims being taken into the bush, the corps responded immediately in collaboration with other security agencies.

“We apprehended two suspects, one of whom is here and we are confident that we will secure the release of the remaining victims,” Adeleye added.

The commander said the suspects would be profiled, and those who needed to go to court would be taken to court, while the corps would explore other means to ensure justice for the rightful owners of the stolen items.

Read more: Dangote Reveals Capital Residence Isn’t His Property, Sold London Home in 1996

Narrating how she was kidnapped, the victim, Bisola Olisa explained, “ I was coming from Ikare, heading to Ekiti. On getting to Akungba, I boarded a vehicle from the garage; there were seven of us in the vehicle. At a certain spot, we started hearing gunshots from the bandits. So, they stopped us immediately. A passenger beside me was shot dead, and they marched us into the bush. Some passengers were injured.

“The kidnappers were many on the road, but as we moved into the bush, four of them led us, all carrying guns. We trekked throughout the night until the next morning when we reached a mountain where we sat down. They asked us to lie down, and the three of us obeyed for about 30 minutes. I realised they were no longer talking. I peeped to check if they were sleeping but saw only one of them; the other gang members were gone.

“I told them that I needed to defecate, that was how I escaped. On reaching the main road, I saw the Amotekun Corps, and they rescued me and took me to their station. “

Click to watch our latest video